Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 1: an organizational triumph

OK, so today wasn't such an organizational challenge. I woke up (discovering, in the meantime that if I want to get up at 5 on a Monday, I have to be in bed and eyes closed by 9:30 the night before) and did my strength training in the fabulous lime green guest room, changed for work and only had to take with me run clothes for an evening run from PRR. So fairly straightforward, really.

Today is Day 1 of the new Team Z training year. So this week, things start to get serious. But right now, I'm siting on my couch having finished a fabulous Mark dinner of a baked tatie, my cat curled up beside me and analysing my HR data from my evening's run. It's 9 pm and I think I'll go to bed soon. Really, my life for the next 9 months is going to be very dull. Wake up, work out, work, work out, eat, sleep. Rinse and Repeat.

Tomorrow is more complicated. Run clothes for track (need extra layer for warming up). Shower gear, work clothes. Home after work, then out to the pool in the late evening. Try to remember to:
  1. Don't over-rotate the hips
  2. Do kick strongly
  3. Do reach out further when my hand enters the water
  4. Don't cross my arms over the center line
  5. Do pull back wide and with my triceps and lats.
Easy peasy. Now, keep up for 90 minutes. Ha!

Major triumph this weekend. As with all old houses, ours has many unfinished projects. One has been the paper ready-blinds that have graced the bedroom windows for ... oh ... 18 months now. It's amazing how resilient they are. If they'd fallen apart after 3 months, I might have been more motivated to do something about them. But finally, thanks to no TV, I think, I finished our roman blinds and although I can see all sorts of problems with them, they look pretty good and, more to the point, cover up the gaping holes in our 'coverage.' Yeah. Now all I need to do is install a french door, wire some undercabinet lighting, paint the stairs and hallway, patch and touch up all the little plaster gouges, and finish the front porch and we'll at least be at a somewhat neutral state of home renovation. As long as we start nothing new, we'll be fine.

No comments: