Monday, July 28, 2008

We have a hit on our hands!


I have officially started the hunt for accommodation for the race next year. I left it a week and waddayaknow, but it's getting hard. The KOA cabins ('kabins' to them) are already booked. Sigh.

Can you see the misery that was Lake Placid this year? Nina and I sat ona stone wall on the left, just above the black umbrella. No - the other black umbrella. Did I mention it rained all day?

Mark took Tina to the vet for her first checkup and she was a hit with the staff there. Apparently they all said how lovely she was and she was calm and sweet to everyone. They even took her photo that will print out with all her invoices from now on. They'd taken the cutest photo of Dylan for the same reason several years ago. We're a little sad, because they never took Say's photo for her record. We know that she was always prickly and standoffish at the vet, so never really encouraged photo taking. But it's a little sad that others never got to experience the sweet, loving, loyal dog that we did. We were privileged to be loved by her.

Oh - Tina is in good health and only needs to put on some weight (she's already about 7 lbs more than Sayla and should be 10-15 more, 65-70lbs in total - 29-32 kg). Her "happy tail" is healing too.

Dylan celebrated by rolling in T's poop. What a lovely child.

No comments: