Sunday, November 30, 2008

Foul weather, long movies

Yesterday was an utterly gorgeous DC day. I got in a ten mile run in my latest favorite location - Rock Creek Park. The day was crisp and clear, and about 35 degrees. I ran the whole way (rather than run/walking) and really had to work to keep my heart rate in Zone 2.

Today, we paid for the beautiful weather with rain and cold. The group ride was canceled, but the coach didn't let us off the hook - get your ride done indoors, he said. Bugger. My ride was set for 2-4 hours and so Mark and I set up our bikes in the guest room. along with one tv and one computer and two sets of ear phones. Mark watched 3 episodes of Rome and I watched half of Ivanhoe. At least we were together! Ivanhoe is amazing, so it kept my attention very well for three hours. A bit sore at the end, but I'd worn my bike shorts, so the soreness was limited to my muscles!

I don't think it'll be the last long ride I'll do inside this season, but at least the first one wasn't as bad as I expected.

No comments: