Sunday, August 10, 2008

Minor annoyances that make me want to scream

  1. People who don't walk the 50 yards to take their shopping carts to the corral in the parking lot. How hard is it, people?
  2. NBC, which revealed the winner of the Olympic Games men's road cycling race on one of the multiple screens behind the 'host' introducing the events during the day, BEFORE THE RACE WAS SHOWN ON TV! So now, along with not listening to the news each day, and avoiding any news online, I have to blur my vision when watching the actual Olympics coverage. Sheesh.
  3. Drivers who insist that somehow there has to be this 'covenant' between drivers and cyclists--if you obey the laws just like I do, then I'll let you share the road with me. Pah. No, it's an individual responsibility, pure and simple. Cyclists to not put themselves or anyone else at risk and drivers to recognize the right of cyclists to be on the road and the fact that if it comes to an accident, it's the cyclist who will come off worst. See this wonderful compilation of recent news stories about confrontations between cyclists and drivers. No, this doesn't mean that I'm putting myself in danger, or about to be killed (see the stats from the WSJ). Just that it concerns me.

No comments: