Friday, January 2, 2009

So, it's 2009 - what now?

What am I expecting from this year? What do I hope for this year?

Training: that it is as painful and difficult as it's supposed to be, and that I remain safe and injury free (and that I find the perfect new saddle and cleats without too much trial and error)

Races: that I finish next month's marathon, having run smart and strong.

Ironman: that I finish in under 17 hours; that I never despair; that I have fun.

Work: that I continue to feel as though I'm having a positive impact.

Home: that Mark and I continue to enjoy the journey we're on; and that Mark gets to go on a bike tour. (Preferably with me, but I have to be judicious with my vacation this year if I want to race four triathlons, one marathon, one half marathon and attend an Ironman training camp.)

Anything else? Oh yes, lots of things. I hope Anzac and Raglan and Tina and Dylan are still with us this time next year. And that I keep up my old friendships while nurturing new ones. That I don't put on too much weight after the IM. That I find something meaningful to occupy my time after IM, although it doesn't necessarily have to be life changing. I hope that I get our back door installed and kitchen finished finally. That we can redo our bathroom and finish our porch. Oh, and world peace.

That's not asking for too much, is it?

No comments: