Hard days training in front of me tomorrow. The Kinetic Half Ironman is my first half of the season, but it's a training day, which means I have to hold myself back and stay in zone 2 (the low intensity, endurance, fat burning zone) for the entire thing. No racing. No seeing some chickadoodle on a tri bike a few hundred feet ahead and sweeping up behind and around her with a cheery "on your left." No getting as aero as I can on the downhills and whizzing past all the more cautious cyclists. No running the entire half marathon - instead run ten walk one.
Tomorrow is all about discipline, practicing my plans for Placid and having fun.
Hmmm - I'd forgotten about that last one until I wrote it down. The past few weeks have been so tough I've forgotten about having fun. But tomorrow will be fun. No pressure, loads of Team Zers cheering everyone on and, for the first time ever, Mark and I are racing together. He's the bike leg on a 'stacked' relay. A 56 mile time trial for him!
More after the race - wish me luck!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment