Monday, May 25, 2009

Mary's rule of cycling

Anyone who has ridden with me has learned three things very quickly.

1) I like to go fast downhill.
2) I need to pee a lot. Sometimes I even stop to do so.
3) When you pass an animal, you have to make the noise of that animal.

So I found myself in a quandry yesterday when I passed a herd of buffalo since I don't know what sound they make. I was telling the guys this today, and so I can reveal to you what triathletes can happily spend two hours doing: searching the web for animal sounds. We found buffalo (kind of a low burping sound) but struck out on emus. I now also know what llamas sound like but not alpacas. I feel far more prepared to get out on the road again.

Of course, it helps that one person has an iPhone and another tethers his laptop to his cellphone and can surf the internet from the back seat. Geeks.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: