Friday, July 24, 2009

Dreaming of Ironman

So I'm finally starting to dream about the race.

I had one random anxiety dream sometime last year and then nothing until a few nights ago when I dreamed that my friend Heidi and I simply chose not to do the race. We watched movies instead. No drama there - we were very calm.

Then last night I dreamed that I was in the water, but I was more vertical than horizontal and doggy paddling. Slowly, completely against my will, I tipped over until I was horizontal in the water, face down. And drowning. It happened several times until I woke myself up whimpering. That wasn't a nice dream. And there wasn't even any swimming happening.

And this morning, I had a dream that blended the crap at work and race prep. Somehow I ended up desperately trying to ziploc my pink suit. I don't think my pink suit will be very helpful, but I'd sure look good doing the race!

Packing packing packing today. Five designated bags, 60 items listed in my spreadsheet, one bike. I do need to mention 'one bike' because I did leave it behind once when traveling to a race. I'm allowed to make a mistake once, right?

No comments: